September 23, 2006

scribe post


Hey it's Anh, your scribe for friday...hmm I just want to say that blogs are awsome but VERY frustrating. This scribe post took forever......='( stupid htmls.


The role of parameter A

IAI is called the AMPLITUDE.

"A" determines the distance of the maximum and the minimum values from the sinusoidal axis(the average value).

IAI > 1 The graph is stretched vertically.

0<IAI<1>A<>sinusoidal axis.

The role of parameter B

B determines the period of the function according to the equation.

P = 2π/B or B = 2π/period

NOTE: B is NOT the period; it determines the period.

The "period" is the distance along the x-axis required to make one "wave" of the function.

The role of parameter C

C is called the PHASE SHIFT AKA the HORIZONTAL SHIFT.

C > 0 The graph shifts right C units.

C < 0 The graph shifts left C units.

WARNING: watch the sign of C.


The role of parameter D

D is called the VERTICAL SHIFT AKA the AVERAGE VALUE of the function.

D determines the SINUSOIDAL AXIS.

D > 0 the graph shifts up D units.

D < 0 the graph shifts down D units.

The relationship between sine and cosine

They are related by a phase shift of Л/2.

Properties of the 3 basic trig functions



I hope my editing worked =/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anh,

    Blogs ARE awesome and so is YOUR scribe! Perfect proof that time, effort, and energy pay off with excellence!

    Best,
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that this was not the way Iintended for my scribe post to be like...I tried to fix it a million gazillion times but it kept saying html errors and it's starting to get on my nerves. I know there is a lot of errors on my post and I honestly tried to fix them but it won't let me =(

    BTW: thank you very much for your comment Lani =)

    ReplyDelete