Our topics in mathematics just ended. For us it is a relief but we must always put in mind that learning in a never ending process so there are still maths stuffs out there waiting for us. Anyway, this morning we did a rehearsal examination in probability. Mr. K gave us 30 minutes to work on it then after that we had a group discussion where we talked about our answers and did some brainstorming. Afterwards, Mr. K discussed with to us the right answers with their respective solutions. The questions given are:
(1) A certain soccer player has scored on 82% of his penalty kicks throughout his career. Given this information, the probabality that he will score on exactly 4 of his next 5 penalty kicks, correct to the nearest hundredth, is
The answer is (c) 0.41 because the solution for this problem is
(2) If P(A) = 3/4 and P(A and B)= 1/2, where A and B are dependant events, then P(BA) equals:
The answer is (c) 2/3. The problem indicated that A and B occured in dependant events, which means that both have to happen.
P(A) * P(B) = 1/2
3/4 * P(B) = 1/2
P(B) = 1/2 * 4/3
P(B) = 2/3
(3) Peter places 5 equal-sized tiles in a cloth bag. Each tile has a letter on it. The letters are P, E, T, E and R. The probability that Peter selects the 5 tiles, one at a time, in order such that they spell PETER, correct to the nearest hundredth, is
The answer is 0.02.
(4) A child 2 quarters, 2 dimes, and 3 nickels in his pocket, but he does not understand the value of any of the coins. He puts 35cents worth of candy on the counter at a store and randomly selects two coins from his pocket. The probability that the two coins he selects will have a total at least as high as the value of the candy is:
(5) It is known that 53% of graduating are boys. Three are chosen at random. Given that at least two of the three grads are boys, determine the probability that all three of the grads are boys. ( Answer accurate to at least 4 decimal places. )
Well that's all folks.....
The next scribe is JESSICA!!!!!!!!
I already told her that she is next scribe...
Anyway guys, good luck to all...
May the good news be ours after the provincial exam....
God bless us all!!!!!!!!!